Saturday, August 19, 2017

Latest Addiction: Lipsticks

Latest Addiction is a feature on Living for the Books about addictions besides books. Addictions may include, but are not limited to TV shows, video games, music, and more.

Over the past year or so, I've become increasingly obsessed with lipsticks. I don't know what it is, but you're honestly just as likely to see me wearing lipstick as you are to see me without any. It's gotten to the point where if one of my friends wears lipstick they say they're being like me. It's not just nude lipsticks I like either. Give me all the bright, vampy, or out there colors, I'll wear them all. I am partial to pink lipsticks though (usually a deeper color not like Barbie pink).


I think I own like one high end lipstick, but for the most part I'm pretty satisfied with my drugstore stuff (which is basically all of my makeup except for like one eye shadow palette). I absolutely love Colourpop (I don't know if it's technically drugstore, but it's super affordable). There are so many pretty colors and it stays on all day. I'm not kidding with this. I'll wear it all day for classes, eating, drinking, and all that and it's still there.

I used to be so self conscious about wearing lipsticks (and in general), but over the last couple years I've really tried to basically just do whatever I wanted with my makeup and clothes. I became so much more confident with my body and how I looked. Honestly, I think wearing lipstick helped with that because whenever I do I feel so put together and it boosts my confidence. I've always kind of struggled with body image issues and I would urge anyone that's struggling with the same to try out something like lipstick or to wear that piece of clothing that you're unsure about because when you do and you rock it, it's one of the best feelings an
d eventually it'll just feel normal.


I know this post has nothing to do with books, but I really wanted to share because I'm so obsessed with lipsticks and makeup at the moment. At least, when I'm not too lazy to put it on. It's like I go all out or I wear nothing. The no makeup look is pretty new to me actually because for years I would refuse to leave the house without something that covers up my acne and scaring. It's not nearly as bad as it used to, but since I'm more confident in how I look I feel comfortable going out even if my face isn't perfect.

What makes you feel the most confident? This could be anything, not just makeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and if you want, leave a comment. We love reading comments and we will try to respond especially if you have a question!
Happy reading :)